A new Early Access build of Automobilista has been released – v0.9.8 is now out.
This is the main changelog:
- Added Speedland Kart track venue (4 layouts)
Features & Fixes:
- Enhanced pneumatic trail by adding new PneumaticTrailGripFractPower (PTGFP) function, for much improved self-aligning torque (should make tire forces more perceivable through FFB)
- Tweaked FFB output code & added “FFB Low Force Boost” to Controller UI (this should help wheel “lightness” under low steering forces with lower end FFB controllers)
- Added new low speed FFB fuction to eliminate vibration / oscillation at very slow speeds
- Revised default Realfeel settings and pneumatic trail values to match to new FFB functions
- Added AIWs to Time Trial anticheat verification (this will lead to failed authentication in case of AIW edits)
- Added function to sort cars of different performances within the same series for the TT leaderboards
- Tweaked road dust smoke & skid properties
- Brasilia: Tweaked track limits to allow running over green crete run-off
- VIR: Improved road & curb textures
- Superkart: Adjusted tires, slight increase of front/rear track width
- Karts: Adjusted tires
- Montana: Adjusted mirror height; Fixed oversized interior Windshield resolution (from 2048px to 1024px)
- Boxer: Added wiper to cockpit view; Corrected AI tire wear
- Lancer Cup: Fixed pneumatic trail bug which numbed FFB output
If you have a multiplayer race tonight, you may want to check with the league admin whether you´ll be racing with the old version or this latest v0.9.8. Previous v0.9.67 is still available as a Beta branch on Steam (by right-clicking Automobilista on Steam -> Properties -> “BETA” tab, and selecting v0.9.67 from the dropdown box).
As per the changelog, V0.9.8 features some substantial Force Feedback updates – read about these in the AMS FFB topic.
If you wish to discuss the new track limit violation system, please use this thread.
If you have a bug to report please use the bug report thread. (make sure to check the opening post).