– Added new content for upcoming releases and competitions.
– Unified Experiences and moved some of the experience specific settings to R3E.
– Added “Depth of Field” visual effect. Active in TV cameras, Hood camera, Action cameras and Free Camera. CTRL-M enables a simple UI to adjust the blurring effects and focus position.
– Shared Memory API overhaul, added various additional data and potential for backward compatibility starting this patch.
– Added support for SimXperience Accuforce steering wheel.
– Extended freedom of movement for the freecam and added two modes for it: “Attached to the car position and its rotation” and “Attached to the car position only”. Pressing the key bound to free cam will cycle through the three modes.
– When under a slow-down penalty, collisions with the car are disabled.
– When under a slow-down penalty, the amount of speed the player is still allowed to carry has been increased, but keep in mind you will be giving back any time gained at a slower rate by driving faster.
– Fixed an issue where the ghost car was producing audio while waiting for the player’s car at the S/F line.
– Fixed so compact data display shows fuel in gallons if mph/imperial units are selected.
– Fixed replays missing the first 60 seconds of a race by pausing replay recording during garage phase.
– Re-enabled hud during garage phase while waiting on the grid.
– Changed position bar so it doesn’t display information during garage phase.
– Fixed the issue where you would get disqualified immediately after the lights in hillclimb tracks.
– Fixed using arrow keys for increase/decrease in pit menu going through settings very fast.
– Fixed a crash that was occurring when leaving a Hillclimb session after finishing a run.
– Fixed rear lights flashing when pressing the headlights button
– Ensured that certain reset commands are sent to DirectInput devices when effects are disabled.
– Changed “off” steerForceVibe period to be 2000000.
– Increased maximum execution time for all communications from 30 seconds to a minute or higher.
– Disabled FFB when reaching the spring based lock if it’s active.
– Cleaned up the ffb code a bit while fixing the above issue. Removed mimic code and made sure all ffb effects are turned off during AI control.
– Fixed game crashing while navigating in the portal while in a competition session.
– Fixed an issue with damage when downshifting without clutch.
– Disabled foreground window lock when playing fullscreen.
– Disabled game minimizing when losing focus.
– Fixed game crashing/freezing when pressing pit request button while no audio device is connected.
– Changed throttle pedal zero magnitude and vibe slope default values to 0.
– Added 2 race format and reversed grids.
– The netcode is now IPv6 compatible.
– Removed some unused functions from netcode that were somehow triggering crashes for some players.
– Potentially fixed an issue where cars not within Peer to Peer range would become invisible.
– We now allow duplicate server names to avoid admins not being able to access their settings if a condition such as their IP changes. (Also means we no longer have to remove their names from the associated server list manually).
– Added so the associated server list clears names that have been inactive for 30 days.
– Removed the gridwalk camera phase since it’s irrelevant with the introduction of garage phase.
– Fixed issue with xinput controllers ending up in an unusable state after disconnect/reconnect/usb port switch etc.
– Fixed issue with opponent cars briefly disappearing during starting light phase.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI:
– Significant AI logic improvements.
– Added punctures to the tire model. Past the lowest possible wear value, tires have a chance to puncture.
– It is now impossible to disable autoclutch aid on sequential gearbox’d cars.
– DRS effects on the aerodynamics of the car have been reworked
– DRS allowance is now 3 activations per lap with a gap detection of 1 second at the S/F line.
– Push 2 Pass is now disabled in qualifying and competitions to comply with the changes made in 2016 to the Audi Sport TT Cup official rules and regulations.
– Downshifting without clutch on a H-Pattern gearbox now properly damages the gearbox.
– BMW 635 : Interior cockpit texture update
– BMW M1 Procar : Better standing starts for AI, made AI less easily roll up on curbs.
– DTM : DRS adjustment to previous seasons so they also benefit from DRS aerodynamics improvements.
– DTM 1992 : Removed Traction Control ranges
– Ford Mustang GTO : Coast revs sounds adjustments in cockpit.
– Formula cars : New internal gearshifts sounds (except the Junior which is H-pattern)
– Silhouette class cars now have new action cameras
– WTCC 2015 : AI optimizations for new code
– Hockenheim : AI optimizations for new code
– Indianapolis : New sets of TV cameras (reminder : use End key to cycle through them)
– Laguna Seca : New sets of TV cameras
– Lausitzring : New sets of TV cameras
– Macau : AI optimization for new code. Hairpin is a no-overtake zone (for AI only for now, until we have a flag system for players)
– Monza : New sets of TV cameras
– Moscow : AI Optimizations for new code on the FIM layout
– Norisring : New sets of TV cameras, AI optimizations for new code
– Paul Ricard : AI optimizations for new code, tweaks to cut corridors
– Portimao : New sets of TV cameras, AI optimizations for new code
– Slovakiaring : Sector gates are now matching the real track
– Sonoma Raceway : AI Optimizations for new code
– Spa-Francorchamps : Runoff tarmac areas now properly have lowered grip, fixed faulty cut rules near the pit exit on Combined and Classic layouts
– Zandvoort : AI optimizations for new code
– LOD system improvements on many cars
– Adjustment of distances for the fog effects for smoother transitions on zoomed cameras
– DTM tracks have received their 2016 season advertisement dressing as well as various bug fixes
– Audi TT cup : adjustment to the invisible collision box of the car, size adjustment of the drop shadow area under the car.
– BMW 635 : Fixed a hole in the engine bay when the front of the car is damaged
– Chevrolet Camaro GT3 : Fixed a slight blurb of paint on the trunk of livery #16
– Mercedes SLS GT3 : Fixed an issue with the visual damage on the hood, fixed a few issues on various liveries
– Volvo 240T : Interior textures update
– Hockenheim : Updates of the 3D curbs, various bug fixes
– Hungaroring : Updates of the 3D curbs, various bug fixes
– Oschersleben : Updates of the 3D curbs, slight tweaks to camber and elevation in certain areas, reduced some nasty bumps on the track surface.
– Macau : Resurfaced the track to be less bumpy, various bug fixes
– Monza : Visual tweaks
– Nuerburgring : Distance markers for the chicane are now visible, various bug fixes.
– Spa-Francorchamps : Fixed various bugs, added one advertisement location at La Source.
– Zandvoort : Made the exit curb at turn 4 (Hugenholtzbocht) 20 meters longer.
Portal & Backend
– Revamped Portal Store with new theme and new structure.
– Fixed some issues with certain special characters causing issues in initial username on new accounts.
– Implemented Essential Packs and Car Class Packs.