Firstly, before I go over the recap of the video above, I want to take a moment to thank everyone who sent in questions about the future of Train Simulator. From the questions you posed to us, we understood that there were a few subjects that we needed to respond to immediately and these are covered in our video and below. If your question has not yet been addressed, please bear with me; I will answer many more of your queries as we move forward over the next few weeks.
This year, the annual iteration of the existing TSX core engine, our Standard Edition of Train Simulator 2017 features four of our newest routes from Germany, North America, Great Britain and France:
- Hamburg Lübeck
- Transport your passengers precisely on time along the Vogelfluglinie between Hamburg and Lübeck in the renowned DB BR 218 locomotive.
- North Jersey Coast Line
- Experience the precision of American commuter operations along the North Jersey Coast Line in the modern NJ TRANSIT ALP-45DP locomotive.
- LGV: Marseille – Avignon
- Drive at breakneck speeds along the breath-taking Ligne Grande Vitesse: Marseille Saint Charles to Avignon TGV route in the iconic TGV® Duplex.
- South Wales Coastal: Bristol – Cardiff
- Take in the scenic countryside of Southern Wales in the distinctive Arriva Trains Wales Class 175
We’re also introducing a new Edition of Train Simulator – TS2017 Pioneers Edition. This time-limited special edition of TS2017 features the four routes from our Standard Edition but includes two additional bonuses:
- The picture postcard scenery of the Austrian Alps dominates the stunning Semmeringbahn: Mürzzuschlag to Gloggnitz route.
- Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta
- Obtain your copy of TS2017 Pioneers Edition before the Beta starts to secure your place on the Beta and be the first to play our next-generation train simulator. Your feedback will help shape the development of this project. The Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta will start in December 2016 and is just the beginning of the journey. We’ll be introducing the other key territory routes as and when they become available.
Complete My Collection
If you already own some of the content featured in TS2017 Standard Edition or TS2017 Pioneers Edition, you will be able to complete your collection and only pay for the content you do not already own.
Both TS2017 Standard Edition and TS2017 Pioneers Edition offer a bundle discount of 75% off the total price of all the content included. While logged into Steam, go to the checkout and you will be presented with a total price of just the content that you do not already own.
I do not own any of the content featured in TS2017
If you do not own any of the content featured, TS2017 Standard Edition will cost you £24.99 ($39.99) and the Pioneers Edition will cost you £29.99 ($44.99).
I own some of the content featured in TS2017
Should you own some of the content already, you will receive a message similar to “individual price of the X items you do not already own is X”. The 75% bundle discount is then automatically applied to your total. You will therefore only pay for the content you don’t already own.
I own all of the content featured in TS2017 Standard Edition
If you own all of the content featured in TS2017 Standard Edition, you don’t need to do anything, you’ll automatically receive the upgrade to TS2017 Standard Edition for free. Note that this does not include Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta – should you wish to take part in the Beta, please add TS2017 Pioneers Edition to the cart and complete your collection to receive automatic access in December.
I own all of the content featured in TS2017 Pioneers Edition
If you own all of the content featured in TS2017 Pioneers Edition, you don’t need to do anything, you’ll automatically receive the upgrade to TS2017 Pioneers Edition, which includes automatic access to the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta in December.
I’m not interested in either TS2017 Standard Edition or TS2017 Pioneers Edition
Your software will be automatically upgraded to TS2017 but you will not receive any of the routes featured in the two editions and you will not gain access to the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta.
When can I get TS2017?
Train Simulator 2017 will launch on September 15th, 2016.
How do I get on the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta?
All you need to do to get on the Beta is buy TS2017 Pioneers Edition. Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll automatically receive access to the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta in December.
How do I know which version of TS2017 I own?
There are three parts to this question:
- If you do not own any of the routes featured in TS2017 or only some of the routes featured, then you will receive the basic upgrade to TS2017 only. Note that the basic upgrade to TS2017 does not include Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta.
- If you own the four routes featured in TS2017 Standard Edition, you will automatically receive the upgrade to this edition. For reference, the four routes are: Hamburg – Lübeck, North Jersey Coast Line, South Wales Coastal: Bristol – Cardiff andLGV: Marseille – Avignon. Note that TS2017 Standard Edition does not include Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta.
- If you own the five routes featured in TS2017 Pioneers Edition, you will automatically receive the upgrade to this edition. For reference, the five routes are: Hamburg – Lübeck, North Jersey Coast Line, South Wales Coastal: Bristol – Cardiff, LGV: Marseille – Avignon and Semmeringbahn. TS2017 Pioneers Edition is the only edition to include automatic access to the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta in December.
Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul & TS2017 Standard/Pioneers Edition Backward Compatibility
- (Q) “Will old addons be compatible to the new version?” from Martin Dobmeier
- (A) TS2017 and Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul are entirely separate products built on completely different technology foundations, and so we are unable to provide backward compatibility between them. In order to create a truly next-generation train simulation experience, we needed to build core features such as vehicle physics, engine propulsion, signalling and dispatcher systems from the ground up to more accurately reflect their real-world counterparts.
- Your Train Simulator 2017 experience will be completely unaffected by the release of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul and will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future.
Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul – Multiplayer Feature
- (Q) “Will there be multiplayer?” from TheGamer 567
- (A) Multiplayer is still heavily in development and will therefore not feature in the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta. However, we are planning for multiplayer to become a key feature of the Train Sim World experience and we’ll have more details on this in the coming weeks.
Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul – Developer & Player Creation Tools
- (Q) “Will we be able to create our own routes when your new simulator gets released?” from Thomas Ølmheim
- (A) The tools that will allow players and partnered developers to make routes and other content are currently still in development. While we understand how much many of you like to enhance your hobby with our creativity tools, it’s important that these tools are built carefully, with the assistance of your feedback, to ensure they are as powerful and intuitive as we all need them to be.
Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul – Platforms
- (Q) “I do want to play train simulator on my Xbox one. Is that still gonna happen?” from Devon Satchell
- (A) The Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta will debut on Windows PC via Steam this December. The final version will release on Windows PC via Steam in February with an Xbox One version expected within the same window. We’ll have more information on this in the coming weeks.
Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul – 64-bit
- (Q) “Is it going to be a 64-bit program?” from Felix Fischer
- (A) Train Sim World is built upon the foundation of Unreal Engine 4 technology which is a 64-bit platform. You will require specific hardware in order to run Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta and I have outlined the anticipated minimum specifications below:
- Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta – Anticipated Minimum PC Specification
|OS:||64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10|
|Processor:||2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||DirectX 10 Compatible GPU with 2 GB Video RAM|
|Storage:||Approx 40 GB available space|
|A free Steam account and Broadband internet connection is required|
Over the next few weeks, either myself or James will be publishing more details on each of the routes featured in TS2017 and we’ll also share more exclusive in-game screenshots of our exciting next-generation train simulator, Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul.
Don’t forget that we’re always open to receiving your questions, so please do feel free to post them below or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add them to the list of questions to answer as we move forward.
In the meantime, here are two exclusive screenshots of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul (note you can click on the images to make them larger) ■