We are happy to announce that open beta of Update 1.23 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is now available on Steam.
We are bringing a lot of changes in the core game; you will find a condensed change-log at the bottom of this blog post. Let us introduce the major additions with more detail:Steam Workshop
Steam Workshop is a hub which allows simple distribution of game modifications created by community. Thanks to Steam Workshop, you can download and install mods effortlessly from a safe and trusted place.
Here’s a short how-to on downloading and activating mods from Steam Workshop:
- Launch the game, go to the “Mod Manager” screen, and click on the “Steam Workshop” button in the top part of the window. The Steam in-game browser will appear and you will see the game’s Steam workshop page.
- Go to “Items”, select a mod which is interesting for you, and click on the green subscribe [+] button. Steam will automatically download the mod. When it is ready, you will see the mod in Mod Manager.
- Double click on the mod to activate it and then click on the “Confirm Changes” button in the bottom part of Mod Manager,
- Load your profile and try your mod. (note: pay attention to mod loading priority to avoid mod incompatibilities)
SCS Workshop Uploader app
Modding our games through Steam Workshop will require use of a dedicated tool for mod makers; a new dedicated Steam application – SCS Workshop Uploader. You can grab it from your Steam library under Tools category.
We have also prepared a Wiki with full SCS Steam Workshop Uploader documentation and modding tutorials where you can find guidance how to use our tools for mod creation.
Please note that at the moment we do not include support for map mods in the Uploader, this will come later but it requires more work on sanitization of all the data making up the map.
Please note that SCS Workshop Uploader will become available later today.
Ultimate Wheel Customization
As previewed in one of our previous blogs, we have expanded wheel customization options to match real-world customization flexibility. Wheels now consist of a tyre, a disk, nuts, a hub and a hub cover, and you can choose and tune each of them separately. We have recreated the old wheels in the game from these building blocks, but you can mix and match them freely now to get many more combinations. We have also tweaked the materials to bring you alu-disks which are the most regular type of disks used.
More Features and Improvements
Here’s is log of additional fixes and improvements that went into this update:
- Steam Workshop
- New Rims
- Traffic offense can be disabled (option)
- Navigation path (red line) can be disabled (option)
- Option to keep Route Advisor hidden while getting new notifications
- Autopark feature can be disabled (option)
- Speeding highlight on Route Advisor
- Smart cruise control can use activated engine brake when no retarder is present
- Advanced shifting simulation
- Real shifter layouts (Scania, Volvo, ZF). To activate them you need to use new profile or remove your custom H-Shifter layouts
- Improved truck stability during retarder usage
- AI improvements
- Traffic offense costs scaled by player level
You can find the beta in the public_beta branch on Steam. (Steam client -> LIBRARY -> right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> Properties -> Betas tab -> public_beta – 1.23 public beta). No password is required.