This version contains the Rockingham race track. Located in Corby, England, Rockingham is an oval track with many infield configurations. 0.6K also contains graphical improvements including new reflections and dynamic environment maps, AI improvements, support for the HTC Vive VR headset (in addition to the Oculus Rift) and fixes.
You will need an S3 license to unlock the Rockingham track. S3 licenses are now available on our website. If you already have S1 or S2, the price of your existing license will be deducted from the full price of S3. Further S3 content is in development but currently Rockingham is the only S3 content available.
Three ways to get Version 0.6K :
1) AUTO UPDATER – If you already have version 0.5V or later :
– Click on “Multiplayer” then “List of Hosts” in LFS and choose a download mirror.
2) MANUAL PATCH (144 MB) – If you already have version 0.6H or later :
– Click HERE and save the patch installer.
– You can run the patch installer from its download location or from your LFS folder.
3) FULL VERSION (409 MB) – If you are new to LFS or making a fresh installation.
– Click HERE to visit the download page and get the full version installer.
– LFS Developers
Changes from 0.6J to 0.6K :
New Track :
Rockingham race track is now included – S3 license required
Now avoid ramming other cars when in the pit lane or lap of honour
Max drivers in single player increased to 24 (online max still 40)
New reflections system and shaders for cars and buildings
Nearby objects are visible in new dynamic reflections on cars
Option to set number of dynamic reflections in main view and mirror
Misc option to enable a programmable post-processing shader
New command /rsh to reload shaders (e.g. after editing externally)
Maximum number of controllers increased to 10 (was previously 8)
HTC Vive headset is now supported through OpenVR
Oculus Rift support now requires runtime 0.7 or later
Improved dialog sequence after any error entering VR mode
Training lesson editor :
SHIFT+T on main entry screen to access lesson editor or list editor
Layouts for lessons must be copied from layout to training folder
SHIFT+T on training screen to view and test newly added lessons
Improved validity check when loading car colour settings
Alpha sorting issue on bricks at base of a South City building
AI could go wrong when entering BL pit lane for a pit stop
AI driver names can no longer be blank
TIPS on using Live for Speed with a VR headset :
NOTE : For Oculus, Runtime 0.7 (or later) is required
1) How to enter VR mode in LFS :
– Start LFS and click 3D on the View Options Screen
– Select VR headset and click OK
2) To reset your seating position, the text command /rift reset is assigned by default to the F8 key.
– When a new driver takes over, ask them to look straight ahead then press F8
– Key assignments can be edited in Options – Game – F1 to F8
3) Accessing your desktop while LFS is in VR mode.
– You will find that your mouse cursor is confined to the LFS window
– Press CTRL+C to free the mouse and now the mouse can go onto the desktop