Assetto Corsa 1.4
Several features related to post processing effects have been refined, including the FXAA filter that has been significantly improved using Kunos’ own shader. The new build also introduces a new reflection rendering system: these feature result in a substantial improvement in how the cars look. The HDR algorithm now matches real-life photographic references, resulting in much more natural lighting and reflections.
Build 1.4 introduces also a new font rendering system for dashboards, bringing about in a higher level of graphics and definition. Digital instruments have been updated for all available cars, while the exaggerated motion blur effect for some camera modes has been eliminated.
The new build introduces a new algorithm to improve the ability for AI drivers to stick to the intended racing line, resulting in better behaviour in close racing. The code related to braking algoritghm is now able to understand and use locked inside tyre for FWD.
The antilag/antiwarp system has been vastly improved, introducing a new netcode prediction algorithm that is now used to handle missing packets that used to generate warps and lags, providing a more stable and consistent online experience.
Since the first Dream Pack, a lot of effort has been put into the audio, especially for exterior sounds. The Dream Pack 3 is no exception with each car having its distinctive note, from the little mighty 500 Assetto Corse to the screaming DFV V8 engine of the legendary Lotus 72d. Furthermore, “old” cars are also undergoing a sound revamp: the 1.4 update will bring to you new exterior sounds for the BMW M3 e30 DTM/Group A.
Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3
This package adds the Brands Hatch circuit and eight new awesome cars in a total of nine different versions to the Assetto Corsa racing game. Get it today and join the most thrilling virtual driving experience ever!
The Circuit of Brands Hatch in Assetto Corsa
The development of this famous and challenging circuit required six months of work, making Brands Hatch the fourth circuit added to Assetto Corsa during 2015, after the legendary Nordschleife, Zandvoort and Barcelona. As showed in the following video, Kunos Simulazioni development team has reproduced the track paying attention to every single detail and reference point used by real drivers, thanks to an extensive use of Laserscan technology, guaranteeing maximum accuracy. The resulting precision combined with the advanced physics model of Assetto Corsa offers an unprecedented driving experience blurring the difference between virtual racing and reality.
Similarly to previous Dream Packs, the cars included in this third package were selected through user polls, with gamers voting for their favourite manufacturers and models on our website. The pack includes a perfect mix of vehicles of different classes, types and periods, ready to satisfy our fans’ hunger for racing.
Dream Pack 3 – List of Contents
Brands Hatch Circuit – GP / Indy version
Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
LAMBORGHINI Huracán Super Trofeo
McLAREN 650 GT3
MERCEDES-BENZ AMG GT3
Historic racing cars
Lotus Type 25
Lotus Type 72
FORD Escort RS 1600
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera S3
Assetto Corsa 1.4 Changelog
– New reflection rendering system
– HDR now matches real life photographic references
– Improved AI ability to stick to the intended racing line
– Improved AI braking code (able to understand and use locked inside tyre for FWD)
– Vastly improved multiplayer antilag/antiwarp system
– Fixed missing ksBrakeDisc script in all the remaining cars.
– Tweaked wet volume for reverb on high distance
– Tweaked dynamics for Audi R8 Plus interior sound
– New Bmw M3 e30 DTM and Group A exterior sounds
– New font rendering system for dashboards
– Fixed fadeout timing for gravel particles
– Improved digital instruments of all cars
– Fixed some bugged special events
– Tweaked most of the special events to be compatible with tyre model 5/6
– FXAA is now using Kunos’ own shader
– Fixed blurred rim/tyres on car with animated suspensions on farther Lods
– ksEditor: added node grid
– Introduced [DRS_ZONES] IGNORE_ZONES in drs.ini to allow road cars to ignore DRS zones (ie. McLaren P1)
– Fixed exaggerate motion blur for some camera modes
– Added serial opponent selection on Options->General: if flagged then opponents skin is not randomly chosen, but alphabetically
– Fixed unrealistic qualify times when session is skipped
– Fixed LaFerrari rear wheels
– Fixed Huracan GT3 model to update it from the pre-season version
– GT3 and GT2 cars tyre heating improvements
– Ferrari 312T Tyre v6
– Audi R8 Plus front torque vectoring and central differential improvements.
– Headlights revised on all cars
– Added missing dashboard lighting to cars where present
– Fixed various LOD issues on a large number of cars
– Car shader overhaul
– Skins fixes and updates on various cars
– Added templates for DP3 cars and Audi R8 Plus
– Optimization across the entire car range (should help with large fields)
– Digital instrument updates
– Fixed collision boxes on various cars