Today we are bringing you the long awaited update… a lot of time has been spent on killing all of the major bugs over the last 10 builds, but please be aware that there may be some very minor bugs still existing in this build. We hope that you will be understanding with the next bit of information: –
Workshop is ready, with some finishing off to do – however, the remaining programming that needs to be done could not be completed until this build was stable. This is where we had to make a decision, either 1) release the update as it stands, with workshop and the editors to follow over the coming weeks, or 2) break the news to you that you would not be receiving the update that is ready to be released, until workshop and the editors were ready to go.
After much consideration, we have made the decision to release this stable iteration of the update, minus full workshop implementation and the editors due to them being incomplete at this time.
However, there is a silver lining to every cloud. There are five new trucks and some modified original trucks available, that are the first official content available via workshop by Oovee. Of course, it is one of the most stable and tested builds we have released.
We have the following new trucks, that are available via workshop (pictured below):
Please note that mods were previously tolerated despite the contradiction of our EULA, however, it is important to note that these mods are a form of hacking and we have not officially supported mods up until this point. Workshop is our way of giving our player base the opportunity to upload and download mods directly from one central hub – although up until this point, they have been hosted on this forum and on a number of other sites.
It is important to note that all is not lost – we will endeavour to find a way to support both Workshop and non-Workshop modding, by what means we see fit and effective.
For those modders that have created trucks, the truck/mod editor will be available soon and will allow the user to create a mod directly in the editor and export to Steam Workshop.
For those modders that have created maps, the map editor will be available soon and will entail a conversion of the map to the most up to date version in order to be playable.
Please note, that if you read the Original Post for this update you will see that what we need for mod support to work in its entirety is not far behind our reach. Please remain patient and more details will be confirmed in due course.
Now, we will show you the long changelog for your viewing.
- folder/file structure changes - maps cosmetic changes (+ as a bonus "bushes" spawn location at Proving grounds now works) - truck format change (mass selector instead of numeric input) + maz7310/535/kirovets700 properties changed slightly - winch bugfix: stop suggesting winch when attaching different winch (multiple winch MP bug not yet fixed) - MP bug: wheels not spinning for 4x players game (was a major network bug affecting all MP games, be it 2,3 or 4 players) - assets improvements (log cart fixes, wooden bridge, logs texture, leaves textures) - multiple broken achievements bugfixes (fisherman, david, various objective achievements) - some performance optimisations (collision check when spawning trailers/trucks) - visual fix: tracks now visible over "dirt bridge" - "lying spruce" properties changed a bit (more traction so ites easier to get over it)
- logs penetrating trucks in multiplayer fix - assets updated (wooden bridge, log load stacks, kraz log cart, ground leaves) - achievements fixes - objectives completion fixes - shader misses removed, shader cache size reduces (optimisation and fix) - long logs trailer removes - kraz red lights addon removed - maps improvements
- "tossing" trucks critical bug fixed - small trees break threshold reduced (uaz469 driving performance!) - gaz66 stripped off hissing sounds - servers made incompativle with all previous versions (including leaked beta) - logs falling off randomly and hanging in midair fixed - multiplayer winch points out of reach while they shouldnt be - minor "the Hill" map fixes - uaz469 accelerations speed reduced - after "Install missing mods" pressed, remove "missing mods" trucks - crash happening after "Install missing mods" - wooden bridge made solid (no unfair holes) - minor visual tweaks
- garage scrollbar position preserved - physics fixes for some of the trucks/trailer (capsized carriage trailer) - trailer rear camera placement fixes - multiplayer client wheels correct visualisation - "install missing mods" button in lobby for clients - uncloaking path synced across players in multiplayer - multiplayer events notifications (player delivers load, removes cloaking, unlocks garage) - bug: unlocked garages/removed cloaking/finished objectives not recieved when joining game - bug: other players' icons still visible after leaving server - some sounds/assets tweaked - exploit: unlock achievements by joining games with finished maps - winch snapping off in multiplayer - bug: going fullscreen with steam enabled glitches - maps changes (The Hill mostly)
- localisation fixes - RU localisation added for new strings - maz535,maz7310 made more powerfull + diff lock imrpovements - forest crane rotation bug fixed - multiplayer truck intercollision glitches fixes - carriage trailer wheels changed - camera auto-zoom removed upon user requests - spawn truck crash fix
- minor GUI fixes - minor winch/loading fixes - kirovets steering fix - minor multiplayer collision fixes - lobby/server active achievements status fix - minor map fixes
- camera moves correctly while using multiplay chat - improvements to truck/mud physics (engine power, dynamics and traction) - multiplayer log sync redone : instead of trying to sync phys bodies - one player can now ask to acquire load ownership - icon now shows if multiplayer player is currently browsing game menu (paused) - forest crane helper visualisation and camera fixes - cant start lobby unless all but 1 members are "ready" - widescreen UI clipping fix - check truck spawn location (dev mode) for intersections - multiplayer truck interactions fix
- sounds changed (chat sounds, log sounds, gaz-66 sounds, some env sounds) - mud physics changed - vehicle behavious changed (gearbox and diff lock) - level Hill changed (road at the start) - level Volcano changed (bugs with water) - all levels tweaked - truck-choosing dialog speed up - mods reloaded, truck format changed slightly - multiplayer sync fixed/improved - truck stuck / game crash after changing wheels (bug) - bug with mod dialog buttons inactive fixed - bug with cloaking not being removed from minimap properly - wheeltrack visual bugs - new messagebox when attempting to change time in hardcore/multiplayer (nav mode) - new crane helper visualisation implemented - graphics tuned (night time mostly) - installed mods dont disable achievements (bug)
- Network traffic reduced 3-4 times - multiplayer trucks interaction improved greatly - animated physical driver in all trucks - new trucks (zil-131, kamaz-4310, kirovets-700, maz-537, gaz-66) - old assets remastered (ural-4320/432010, kamaz-6520/6522, map assets - trees, log heaps) - maps improved (visually and balance-wise) - gameplay improved (hardcore = manual log loading only, ability to pick startup trucks for each map) - new addons (new forest crane, trailers with ability to deliver loads/logs) - mod support (ingame mod browser + automatic mod download, mod certification by official staff) - graphics improvements (new tyre track system, mud detalisation increased, special effects etc) - new trucks sound system (sounds remastered, each truck with unique sound) - ingame mod testing with ability to reload textures and assets - Notepad++ plugins (XML visual editing with Truck Editor) - trucks XML format changed (simplified greatly for ease of modding) - many many performance optimisations, bug/crash fixes - nvidia stereo fixes (now working correctly 100%)
- kamaz 4310! - sound system reworked! - map/trees changes - no auto-loading in hardcore; istead we have "log kiosks"
- sounds improved - bugs fixed - levels updated - graphics imrpoved
- batch-update since 13/04/15 - only ENGLISH localisation works for now!!! - new dev level with dev tools - new vehicles, addons, wheels - mud visuals and physics updated!!! - wheel tracks visuals updated!!! - lots of graphical improvements! - various GUI improvements! - truck sounds improvements! - optimisations and bugfixes - k-700 steering mechanism implemented - minor map tweaks - map balance feature introduced!