Please note many of the changes and fixes in this update will be seamless to FSX: SE players but will be of great benefit to developers looking to bring their add-ons to FSX: SE.
Player-visible updates are as follows:
- Improvements for using modified Scenery.cfg files which could previously result in a 1007 error when installing new scenery add-ons. Please note due to the highly customisable nature of FSX: SE it is going to be impossible for us to attempt to deal with all forms of malformatting in the Scenery.cfg files. For this reason we have also provide an option to reset the Scenery.cfg file to the default version.
- Fixed font file loading not being VFS-aware. Font files associated with add-ons should now work as expected.
- Fixed multiplayer invites not working if you invite a friend to a Private game.
- Improved mouse cursor slow-down over complex cockpits. Although we have made some optimizations to this code, players may still experience some reduction in framerates when using highly complex cockpit models. This is because such models are pushing the boundaries of what is possible within the game engine.
- Improved optimisation of installing/uninstalling add-on content through the Steam platform.
Because this update includes changes to the way Steam optimises add-on content available from the Steam store, some add-on content may re-install. This means that the size of the download will vary depending upon how many Steam add-ons you have installed. If you are just running the core simulator without add-ons, your download will be approximately 22.9 MB. This may increase up to 5.1 GB if you own all of the add-ons available from our Steam store.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition Team