We are pleased to announce a new update coming soon for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition.
This up date resolves several issues reported to us by the FSX: Steam Edition community and will be automatically applied to your software via the Steam platform once it’s released.
Below is the full list of changes and fixes made in this update:
• Networking: Resolved – potential crash bug when decoding Steam host tag data.
• Error Reporting: Resolved – error message if the software failed to load the language.dll so that it shows the name of the actual dll it is trying to load.
• Learning Centre: Resolved – when selecting a mission from the Learning Centre, you would be told that the mission script failed to load and would be disabled.
• Learning Centre: Changed – the Learning Centre still referenced a GameSpy logo – now replaced with Steam logo.
• Graphics: Improved vertex and index buffer handling defaults and a few other things to give up to 10% framerate improvement (as long as vsync is not enabled/forced).
• Graphics: Change – Enable trilinear mipmap filtering by default.
• Graphics: Resolved – If the Special Effects setting was set to HIGH, some special effects like external lights, landing/water effects would not work.
• Graphics: Changed default value for max per-frame texture uploads to decrease time for high quality terrain textures to appear.
• Settings: Resolved – HIGHMEMFIX was enabled by default but could very rarely be disabled at load time.
• For new installs, we now provide default versions of dll.xml and exe.xml files to improve compatibility with existing addons.
We are continuing to monitor your feedback on FSX: Steam Edition and would like to thank the community for taking the time to report these and other issues. We know that we have not fixed all of the reported issues, but we continue to work to improve the product in the coming weeks.